Applying for the role of a junior accountant often demands the need to write a cover letter accompanied by a CV. It may happen that the recruiter may not ask for one but it is your duty to submit a junior accountant cover letter while applying for the job.
Make sure you draft a perfect cover letter for that first impression. Here are some do's and don'ts that you will need to follow to grab that coveted birth during the interview.
Do's and Don'ts of a junior accountant cover letter
- It should be short and to the point. It should not extend beyond two or three paragraphs
- Address it to the specific person rather than using Sir/Madam
- The main objective of the cover letter is to show the employer why you are the best person to be selected for this position. You should use effective attention grabbing techniques by writing something interesting about the job notification or some good things about the company that you have heard recently. Therefore it is very important that you research well about the company.
- Mention the key skills in the advertisement that match your skills and experience
- It should end with "Yours sincerely" or "Yours truly" when you are addressing a person's name. But if you are mentioning it as "Dear Sir" it should always end with "Yours faithfully"
- The grammar and spellings should be error free.
- The tone of the letter should be positive and express your enthusiasm and interest in the job.
- Avoid using "I" and "me"
- Do not make any spelling, typographical or grammar mistakes. They can ruin your chances of getting selected in the interview.
Norman A. Adcock
The Manager Woodland Inc.
3567 Swick Hill Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
David H. Quillen
3734 Bartlett Avenue
Detroit, MI 48219
Date: November 15, 2011
Dear Mr. Adcock,
Being a full time ambitious accounting student studying in the last year of Bachelors in Commerce, I am keen to make a career in the accounting domain. To achieve this goal it was great pleasure to find the advertisement for the post of a junior accountant in your well known organization. I have enclosed my CV to showcase how I am the best fit for this position.
Working with Star Financial Services helped me to gain experience in general ledger reconciliations, reporting and the analysis, maintenance of quarterly statements and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the general ledger work. Besides I am sincere, punctual and possess excellent communication skills which will help me in strengthening the company's rapport with the clients.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for the considerable time given.
David H. Quillen
A junior accountant cover letter should look interesting and should be drafted from the reader's point of view. Keep in mind the above do's and don'ts while drafting a junior accountant cover letter.